What is Bepanthen Anti-Scar Gel?
Bepanthen Anti-Scar Gel:
- Reduces the unsightly appearance of scars
- Reduces itching
- Moisturises the skin
- Can be used on the whole family, including children older than three
One of the factors which makes scars more visible is dry skin, so the best thing you can do to minimise their appearance is to keep the area moisturised. Bepanthen Anti-Scar Gel makes this easy by building a silicone film on the surface of the scar to reduce water loss, which can contribute to the reduction of inflammation. When a wound is healing, the tissue produces collagen – excess collagen can lead to excess scarring or hypertrophic (raised) scars. Keeping the skin moisturised can also help reduce collagen build-up. In addition, the Massage Ball which comes with Bepanthen Anti-Scar Gel can help to break down collagen fibres through mechanical stimulation, which helps to soften, flatten and fade the scar.
Bepanthen Anti-Scar Gel contains pro-vitamin B5, which supports the moisture balance on and around the scar by binding additional water in the skin.
After regular application of Bepanthen Anti-Scar Gel, redness, itching and inflammation will be reduced, and the scar may become less visible.
How to treat scars with Bepanthen Anti-Scar Gel
Wound closed for less than one month
- Make sure the wound is completely closed. Never use Bepanthen Anti-Scar Gel on an open wound.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, so as not to introduce germs to the scar tissue.
- Apply the gel to the scar with your finger with a gentle circular motion, being careful not to apply too much pressure to the delicate skin.
- Apply two times a day for at least two months.
Wound closed for more than a month:
By this stage the skin will be less fragile, meaning you can use the Massage Ball that comes with Bepanthen Anti-Scar Gel. Massaging scars is recommended by scientists.
- Make sure your hands and the massage ball are clean.
- Use the massage ball to gently massaging the scar with only light pressure.
- After massaging, apply the gel.
- Continue this two times a day for at least two months.
When to not use Bepanthen Anti-Scar Gel
- Do not use on open wounds and mucosa (e.g. inside the nose).
- Do not use close to the eyes.
- Do not use in case of known allergies to any of the ingredients.
- For external use only.